White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Have you ever made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake?
I have to admit that I haven't done so...yet! :)
Andrea, one of my young friends, sent me these photos to show off this delicious cheesecake recipe that her sister, Audrey, made for her 17th birthday.
What a great idea! Doesn't this cheesecake look completely scrumptious?
Sometimes it is a good idea to think outside the box. Who says you have to make a traditional birthday cake?
I had another friend that preferred an ice cream cake for her birthday, and I always asked my mom to make her special brownies for my birthday.
Why not a cheesecake? :)
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
Andrea told me that Audrey found the original recipe at allrecipes, but I've added it here for you including the alterations she made in her version.
I'd love to hear from you in the comments section below if you give this white chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe a try for yourself. Let us know how yours turns out!
- 1 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 package of frozen raspberries (10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of half and half cream
- 3 packages of cream cheese (8 oz each), softened
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of heavy cream, whipped
I've grouped together the ingredients you'll use for each process to help clarify the steps for you. I find recipes are easier to follow when I can "see" how they work in my mind. This delicious cheesecake recipe may seem a bit "fiddly," but I think you'll discover it was worth the extra effort.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- To make the base of your cheesecake, mix together the first three ingredients (cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter) and press them into the bottom of a spring-form pan (9-inch).
- To prepare the raspberry sauce, combine raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil, and then continue
boiling for 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Audrey left the seeds in her sauce, but you can strain the sauce using a mesh
strainer if you don't want the seeds in your cheesecake.
- To melt the white chocolate, you'll need a pot of simmering water with a dry metal bowl sitting on top of it. (You can use a glass bowl if necessary.) Combine the white chocolate and the half and half and stir occasionally until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- To make the main part of the cheesecake batter, beat
together the cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar of sugar in a large bowl until it is smooth. Add the eggs one
at a time, then the vanilla. Finally, blend in the melted white chocolate.
- To assemble the cheesecake, start by pouring half of the cheesecake batter over your cookie base. Next you want to spoon 3 tablespoons of your delicious raspberry sauce over the top before adding the rest of the cheesecake batter. This will help ensure that you've got that lovely raspberry flavor all through your cheesecake. Not done yet! Add another 3 tablespoons of the raspberry sauce to the top of the second layer and use a knife to swirl through the batter and sauce to create a beautiful marbled effect. (Save the rest of the raspberry sauce for serving).
- Pop your cheesecake into the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the filling is fully set. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool, but leave it in the pan. When cool, cover the top and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours before removing it from the pan.
- Like Audrey, you can finish your cheesecake by topping it off with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. I believe she also drizzled some extra white chocolate on top. Don't forget about the remaining raspberry sauce, too.
My mouth is watering just thinking about taking that very first bite of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake lusciousness!
Girls, thanks so much for sharing your birthday cheesecake creation with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :) Love you!
Does anyone else have a recipe and photos to share? Add it here!
Return from White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake to Best Desserts
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.