White Chocolate Popcorn Balls are a really fun way to add a bit of enchantment to a children's party or special event.
This white chocolate popcorn recipe can be prepared with your own kids as a way of spending time with them in the kitchen doing something fun that they will always remember. You may even make it into a family tradition!
If you don't want to make your own white chocolate popcorn, you can order a scrumptious selection from Dale & Thomas. However, they don't make the chocolate varieties of their popcorn during the summer months, so if you need it then, consider checking out the chocolate popcorn on ebay. You never know what you might find. :)
1. Prepare 2 muffin pans by loosely covering them with a piece of plastic wrap and poking it down into the wells.
2. In the top of a double boiler, melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Pour melted chocolate over popcorn and gently but quickly stir to coat thoroughly.
4. Scoop large teaspoons of the white chocolate covered popcorn into loose balls and place in the muffin cups.
5. Sprinkle the jimmies over the popcorn balls before the chocolate sets, and insert a lollipop stick in the Bottom.
6. For a party, you can wrap the individual popcorn lollipops in colored cellophane and twist the ends around the stick. They are sure to be a real hit.
You can purchase the white chocolate, lollipop sticks and colored jimmies at candy making supply stores, and even some grocery stores. To buy them online, visit Candyland Crafts. They have great prices and an amazing selection of candy making supplies.