White Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
You'll really love White Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles if you are a fan of that mild white chocolate flavor.
Combine white chocolate with the subtle taste of hazelnuts and you have yourself a winning combination.
You can order some beautifully made chocolate truffles online from some of the best gourmet candy makers from all around the world.
But, if you'd rather make some truffles, you'll probably be surprised at how easy they really are to prepare. Give it a try and see for yourself.
Pick up your white chocolate wafer melts or bars at Candyland Crafts and dive right in to your candy making experience!
White Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup toasted, skinned finely ground hazelnuts
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place 1 pound of chocolate in large mixing bowl. Bring cream to the boil in saucepan over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Stir or mix until well blended.
- Add 3/4 cup of the hazelnuts and blend well. Cover and allow to set overnight at room temperature or 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Form 1" balls with your hands, a melon baller, spoon, or even pastry bag. Roll balls in cocoa powder and place on waxed paper covered tray and chill covered until firm.
- Prepare remaining chocolate for coating by tempering it. Dip the centers in the tempered chocolate and place on waxed paper covered tray. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts before set. Allow to set until firm or chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Be sure to wrap container well with foil. Serve at room temperature. Makes about 60.
Instead of dipping the truffles in tempered chocolate, roll them in a small bowl of cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or finely chopped, toasted hazelnuts as soon as they are formed into balls. Any nuts can be substituted for the hazelnuts, both inside and outside the truffles.
Return from White Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles to Chocolate Truffles
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.