White Chocolate Coffee Truffles
If you really want to spoil someone special, try these scrumptious white chocolate coffee truffles.
They are delicious chocolate truffles with that little something extra that puts them in a class by themselves.
Valentine truffles are a favorite gift when you want to give your beloved a homemade offering that will show them you really think they are worth the extra effort.
There are plenty of places to order yummy chocolate truffles online, like Dan's Chocolates or my own favorite zChocolat.
But why not just make your own. You'll feel like a real gourmet. :) Give this recipe a try.
White Chocolate Coffee Truffles Recipe
- 3/4 cup Whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- 14 ounces white chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua
- 16 ounces white chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped fine
- Place the 14 oz. of white chocolate in bowl and set aside.
- Combine cream and instant coffee in medium saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Pour over chocolate and stir until completely dissolved. Add the Kahlua and mix well. Chill until firm.
- When chilled, scoop out spoon size pieces of truffle mixture and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate again for about 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate and shortening in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until chocolate cools slightly (to about 90 degrees).
- Line 2 trays with waxed paper. Dip each truffle ball in the chocolate and place on waxed paper. Sprinkle the top of each truffle with the finely chopped chocolate covered coffee beans before chocolate has a chance to set.
- Allow to set at room temperature for about 2 hours and then refrigerate in an airtight container. Serve in little paper candy cups or place on a themed candy dish for a special presentation.
Two Extra Tips: First of all, you can get the paper candy cups, decorative candy confetti, cello favor bags or gift boxes all at Candyland Crafts. You'll love browsing their online store.
Secondly, and most importantly, be sure to make extra for yourself, because you will have a hard time passing up these white chocolate coffee truffles.
Return from White Chocolate Coffee Truffles to Valentine Chocolate Gift
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.