Valentine's Day Recipes
Dirt Pudding for Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day Recipes - Dirt Pudding
This is a great idea to add to a Valentines Day party menu, especially if you have children. It only calls for a few ingredients. It is simple and quick to make, and I never have leftovers!
All you need is:
- 1 Large pkg. of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tub of cool whip
- 1 one pound pkg. of Oreo's or some like that
- Crush one row of cookies (I do it in a plastic bag) and put them in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Mix pudding with 2 cups of cold milk (that's one less than the package calls for) and set aside.
- Crush another row of cookies. Mix pudding and cool whip together. Stir in crushed cookies.
- Layer mixture over crushed cookies in dish.
- Crush last row of cookies and sprinkle on the top. Refrigerate and serve.
To make it even more fun to serve to the kids, get gummy worms or bugs to poke into the dirt.
You could also prepare the whole mixture in a flower pot (complete with fake flowers) or in a new plastic pail (with shovel, of course) for added effect.
Great ideas, Heather! I'd forgotten about this wonderful recipe. My trouble is I can eat an amazing amount of dirt pudding or dirt cake in one sitting. My mouth can't seem to get enough! :)
Another clever way I've seen this dirt pudding presented is to put it together in the back of a large toy dump truck. Or, if that's out of the budget, make it as you described in the 9x13 and then get a few miniature toy cars or tractors to put on top.
That would make it cute, not only as a valentines day recipe, but also for a birthday cake or other special occasion for the kids.