Simple Cocoa Truffles
I'm looking for a recipe for simple cocoa truffles.
The truffle recipe I had used had only 3 ingredients - margarine, cocoa, and icing sugar.
I cannot find a similar one here. I was wondering if you could help me. It was out of an old Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares
cook book and they were really good and economical to make.
Thanks for your help.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Company's Coming cookbook and truffle recipe. I looked up the book and it looks like it would be a great cookbook to have.
The best I could do was try to locate a similar sounding recipe for Simple Cocoa Truffles. I hope this is like the one you had before...
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar), possibly a little more
**Edited to adjust the powdered sugar amount per the recommendations in the reviews below.
- Cream butter or margarine until smooth.
- Blend in the cocoa and then the icing sugar until well mixed. (Add extra icing sugar if needed to get the texture firm enough for rolling into balls.
- Form into balls and roll in your favorite topping if desired (crushed nuts, icing sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, crushed candy canes, etc.).
Does this sound like the truffle recipe you were looking for? I hope it works out for you. Do let me know.