Santa's Eatable Hat
by Pam Goodwin
(Cleveland, TN USA)
Recipe for Santa's Eatable Hat
This is such a simple Christmas treat, requiring few ingredients, no baking and best of all little preparation time. You can make as many as you want, but I start out with the following:
- 1 bag of Bugles
- Peanut Butter
- White Chocolate
- Red Hots
- Eatable Glitter (Christmas colors)
- Use some kind of small scooping utensil or icing bag to fill Bugle with peanut butter. Fill all the Bugles first with as much peanut butter as possible.
- Next melt the white chocolate. Place a strip of wax paper on the counter. Dip the open end of the Bugle into the chocolate and before it has time to harden sprinkle the colored glitter to add sparkle. Place on wax paper to dry.
- Once it chocolate dries, dip the other end in the white chocolate and place a red hot on the top. You could also put a small amount of red food coloring in some of the melted white chocolate and dip the tip in it.
- On a Christmas dish or tin, sprinkle remaining glitter, then place Santa hats on it for easy access.
Each flavor blends to make a special taste. Kids love this treat as well as adults. It looks just like a Santa hat, except it's brown, not red, but that's okay because Santa has to be in fashion too!
Thanks so much for the clever recipe for Santa's Eatable Hats. It sounds really adorable. I wish we had a photo!
If you (or anyone else) happen to make them again, I'd love it if you would add the photo. You could just use the same form that you used to add the recipe and I'll match them up.