Rocky Road Halloween Treats
by Tucker Rothmann
(Ithaca, NY, US)
This recipe for Rocky Road Halloween Treats is really not too hard to make. You can mix or match the ingredients to suit your own tastes.
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cup dry roasted peanuts - If you are allergic to peanuts, you can use chopped pretzels or rice crispies to give it a bit of crunch.
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) pkg. white miniature marshmallows or large marshmallows cut up in pieces
- Your favorite Halloween candy pieces; You can use things like candy corn, M&M's, gummy bats, rats, etc.
- Line 13x9 inch pan with waxed paper, or to make it really clever, get paper candy/cupcake liners decorated for Halloween
- Melt chocolate, condensed milk and butter in the top of a double boiler or over very low heat in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate bowl combine the marshmallows and nuts (or whatever you've chosen for crunchies) and cover with the melted chocolate, stirring through to cover.
- Spoon mixture into paper cups or spread it in the 9x13 pan, pressing it down.
- Sprinkle or decorate the top with your favorite Halloween candy pieces and allow to set. Chill if you're in a hurry!
Anyone will love these treats! The best part is that you can customize exactly what you would like to put into them to avoid allergy problems and what not.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Halloween Recipes and Gift Ideas.