Raspberry Rum Balls
A Decadent Delight For Chocolate Lovers
Raspberry Rum Balls are a wonderful treat for anyone who loves chocolate raspberry truffles. Pamper your loved ones with a mouthwatering reward just for being a part of your life.
Here are two recipes that will tempt you to make your own delicious and elegant desserts. They are very easy to assemble, but they provide a rich scrumptious result. Go ahead and indulge.
One recipe calls for rum, but the other just uses a raspberry liqueur. Personally, I think they are yummy with just the preserves. Of course, I would definitely add an extra dollop. :)
Here are a few marvelous rum truffles for those of you don't want to take the time to make your own. Treat yourself or a friend to one of these gorgeous gourmet choices.
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- 1 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 6 ounces grated chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, chopped almonds, and cocoa.
- Melt together the butter and raspberry preserves over low heat.
- Pour melted butter mixture over crumbed mixture and add the raspberry liqueur, stirring until well combined.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Shape chilled mixture into 1-inch balls and roll balls in grated chocolate. Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Raspberry Rum Balls
- 5 1/2 cups chocolate cookie/wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine chocolate crumbs, pecans, raspberry preserves, chocolate chips and rum in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is a good idea to bring them to room temperature and roll in powdered sugar again just before serving. These will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge (well, I seriously doubt that, but you know what I mean). :)
This simple recipe makes about 60 truffles.
Return from Raspberry Rum Balls to Valentine Chocolate Gift
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage