Raspberry Rum Balls
A Decadent Delight For Chocolate Lovers
Raspberry Rum Balls are a wonderful treat for anyone who loves chocolate raspberry truffles. Pamper your loved ones with a mouthwatering reward just for being a part of your life.
Here are two recipes that will tempt you to make your own delicious and elegant desserts. They are very easy to assemble, but they provide a rich scrumptious result. Go ahead and indulge.
One recipe calls for rum, but the other just uses a raspberry liqueur. Personally, I think they are yummy with just the preserves. Of course, I would definitely add an extra dollop. :)
Here are a few marvelous rum truffles for those of you don't want to take the time to make your own. Treat yourself or a friend to one of these gorgeous gourmet choices.
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- 1 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 6 ounces grated chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, chopped almonds, and cocoa.
- Melt together the butter and raspberry preserves over low heat.
- Pour melted butter mixture over crumbed mixture and add the raspberry liqueur, stirring until well combined.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Shape chilled mixture into 1-inch balls and roll balls in grated chocolate. Store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Raspberry Rum Balls
- 5 1/2 cups chocolate cookie/wafer crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine chocolate crumbs, pecans, raspberry preserves, chocolate chips and rum in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is a good idea to bring them to room temperature and roll in powdered sugar again just before serving. These will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge (well, I seriously doubt that, but you know what I mean). :)
This simple recipe makes about 60 truffles.
Return from Raspberry Rum Balls to Valentine Chocolate Gift
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.