Quick And Easy Chocolate Pretzels
by Julie S
Quick and Easy Chocolate Pretzels & Turtles
Making Chocolate Covered Pretzles with Hershey Kisses
I made these quick and easy chocolate pretzels using Hershey kisses!
I found this recipe for simple chocolate covered pretzels at allrecipes.com. It's really so easy to throw together that you can make them up in no time at all. You really only need 3 ingredients to make these little chocolate pretzel treats:
- mini pretzels - you can get the small round pretzels, square pretzels, or traditional bow shaped pretzels. The original recipe called for 24, but just make as any you like. One pretzel per Hershey kiss.
- Hershey's kisses - I love the traditional chocolate Hershey's kiss, but you can choose any of the many flavors that are now available.
- 1 small pack of candy coated chocolates. I used red and green M&M's for Christmas, but you can use whatever you like, and even choose colors to match any holiday or theme.
If you've ever made chocolate covered pretzels by dipping, you know it can be a bit messy and time consuming to make. They're well worth it, but these are so much quicker and just as yummy.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 175 degrees Celsius).
- Cover one or more cookie sheets with your pretzels in one layer. Place one Hershey kiss (unwrapped, of course) on top of each pretzel right in the center.
- Slide the tray into the hot oven and bake for about 2 minutes or until the kisses have melted. It doesn't take long, so keep an eye on them.
- Remove the cookie sheets and immediately press one of the M&M's or candy pieces in the center of the Hershey kiss and allow to cool.
I also made some quick and easy chocolate turtles
as shown in the first photo above. I hope you'll like them, too.
Thanks so much for sharing the photos of your wonderful and delicious looking homemade mini chocolate pretzels.
I love the simplicity of this recipe and the creative spin you added by making it Christmas-y with the red and green M&M's.
Sadly, I can't get Hershey kisses in Australia (at least not in the region where I live), but I bet these could be made with some Cadbury chocolate squares, too.
I think this quick and easy chocolate pretzels recipe is going to be a big hit with our other visitors this year!