How to Make Praline Candy
Learn how to make praline candy and hundreds more delicious candy recipes. Homemade candy never goes out of style. These pralines are just one of the many possibilites.
If you've got a favorite praline recipe, go ahead and add it using the form at the bottom of the page. Maybe we can cast our votes to decide who comes up with the best tasting and trouble free praline recipe.
Some people worry about the white spots
that are so common in their finished candy. Don't!
Some of the best candy makers have this result. It's usually a matter of crystallization from the sugar. It doesn't change the taste, so try not to let it bother you.
Everyone will be so happy to be offered such a scrumptious candy, that they wouldn't dare complain! If they do, just threaten to take them back. :-)
How To Make Praline Candy
This recipe makes more of a chewy praline. It's really tasty. Let me know what you think of it...
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 T. cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare waxed paper lined trays and set aside so they will be ready when the candy is. You don't have time to do it then.
- Combine the sugars, cream, and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until it comes to the boil. Reduce heat and continue stirring until mixture comes to 239° on the candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla and pecans. Stir briskly (I know you're tired of stirring!) until the mixture becomes thick and cloudy looking. It should only take about a minute.
- Quickly drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined tray and allow to cool.
If the mixture gets too thick so that you can't drop by spoonfuls, you can thin it out a bit by adding a little warm water (1 T. or so).
Microwave Praline Candy
This recipe for how to make pralines in the microwave that I found recently is really interesting. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon. My only concern is going to be getting the temperature right using my microwave. If you try this one, do let me know how you went with it.
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 cups pecans, whole or chopped
A note about storage:
- Line baking trays with waxed paper and set aside.
- In a large (2 quart) microwave safe glass bowl, combine the sugars and cream. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir well and microwave for another 6 minutes.
- Stir well, adding the butter and vanilla. Heat for another 2 minutes.
- Beat until glossy and thick (1-2 minutes). Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper to set.
If you aren't planning on eating your candy the same day, wrap each one individually in clear wrap and keep them in an airtight container.
Okay, now's the time to tell me about yours!
Got A Scrumptious Homemade Chocolate Candy Recipe?
Do you have any tried and true homemade chocolate candy recipes? PLEASE, please be so kind as to divulge them to the rest of us chocoholics. We just can't get enough!!!
Mouthwatering Recipes from Other Visitors
Click below to see homemade chocolate candy recipe contributions from other visitors to this page...
How do you make pralines in large batches?
How do yo make pralines in large batches? When making pralines, how do you keep large batches of praline mixture at the right consistency when scooping? …
Coconut Pralines Dipped in Chocolate
Here's a recipe for coconut pralines dipped in chocolate.
In a sauce pan add cream, butter, sugar, brown sugar and white chocolate chips.
Praline Won't Get Hard
I've attempted to make praline pecans and the praline won't get hard.
I toasted the pecans as suggested. I boiled the praline ingredients and mixed …
How To Revive A Batch Of Praline?
Does anyone know how to revive a batch of praline candy?
I made a batch of Praline Candy. I followed directions to the T.
The recipe said …
Chewy Pralines Disaster
I attempted to make chewy pralines earlier today. Even though I followed directions, they are hard as rocks and completely stuck to the wax paper.
Here's my recipe for making Easy Pralines! I hope some of you will find this easier than the traditional praline candy recipe.
Easy To Make …
Microwave Praline Candy Recipe
I finally got around to making the microwave praline candy recipe listed here.
It tastes really delicious, but I had to make some slight alterations. …
Click here to write your own.
Return from Praline Candy to Homemade Chocolate Candy Recipes
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage