Pine Bark Christmas Candy
This Pine Bark Christmas Candy Recipe has been a favorite for years. It's really simple to make and tastes delicious.
- Saltine crackers (approx. 24)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2lb. butter (2 sticks)
- 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chip morsels or Hershey's chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 9”x13” pan with aluminum foil.
- Cover bottom of pan with layer of saltines.
- In sauce pan on stove combine 2 sticks of butter with 1 cup of light brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously until butter melts. Boil mixture 3 minutes, stirring constantly (mixture will thicken).
- Pour mixture over crackers.
- Put in oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle contents of 12 oz. pkg. of chocolate chip morsels over crackers, or layer Hershey's bars if you prefer. Spread chocolate evenly with knife (heat from mixture will melt morsels).
- Refrigerate overnight. Peel back foil and break candy into pieces.
This candy, along with a traditional British Christmas cracker, was an annual gift when I was in college and beyond from a colleague and friend.
I continue this tradition by including it with my Christmas cookie packages, along with a Christmas cracker. An annual hit with everyone!