Peanut Butter Eggs
If you like Reese's cups, you will love Peanut Butter Eggs. They are a delicious choice for your Easter candy treats.
Whether you are buying Easter basket fillers, or just looking for an old favorite treat, you will enjoy these sweet and salty treasures.
Order your own delicious eggs and other Easter Candy for your baskets at the Candy Warehouse or at Candy Crate
You can even make your own with one of the peanut butter and chocolate egg recipes provided below.
Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and condensed milk, and beat at high speed.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, stirring it in with a wooden spoon. Form egg shape balls of desired size.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or in microwave (30 seconds at a time), stirring until smooth.
- Cover eggs with melted chocolate and place on wax paper lined tray. Chill to set.
Nutty Peanut Butter & Chocolate Eggs
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Cream peanut butter and butter until well mixed. Stir in the coconut, walnuts and 1 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar on a flat surface and knead in enough of the remaining powdered sugar until mixture holds its shape when formed.
- Shape into small egg-shaped pieces. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip shaped eggs and place on waxed paper to set. Chill.
- Store in an airtight container.
At Candyland Crafts you can find clear or colored cellophane bags to wrap your peanut butter eggs in to display in a basket or to give as gifts this Easter. They make a delicious gift! Feel free to send me one. :)
Return from Peanut Butter Eggs to Easter Candy Recipes
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.