No Bake Birds Nest cookies
(Chico, CA USA)
No Bake Birds Nest Cookies
These No Bake Birds Nest Cookies are super easy and fun to make with your children!
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1 can crunchy Chinese noodles
- 1 bag of Robin's Eggs (malted candies)
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat. The best way to do that is to stir it every minute until it is smooth.
- Mix in the noodles and spoon into little "nests" onto wax paper.
- Press two or three robin's eggs into the center of the cookie. The Cadbury Mini-Eggs work really well, but you can substitute with jelly beans, yogurt covered raisins, Jordan almonds, etc.
- Refrigerate until hard.
**For a bit more variation you can substitute butterscotch or cinnamon chips instead of chocolate chips!
Cute idea, Angela! I'll have to add this to my list of Easter recipes for kids.
I particularly love the fact that it is "no bake." You don't have to worry too much about burnt fingers.
Thanks for adding this recipe to our Easter Desserts.