Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
by Judy Ruiz
Making Ice Cream Cone Cup Cakes photo by YoAmes on Flickr
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are a quick and easy way to make something a little different and a little fun for Easter.
Instead of using cupcake paper liners, you use the ice cream cones instead. These will be a big hit with the kids, especially if you decorate them in a cute and clever fashion to celebrate the special occasion.
You can even purchase special Easter sprinkles to go on top if you want something simple and don't want to make your own unique iced tops.
Here's how to make cup cakes in ice cream cones.
- Store bought cake mix (Any flavor)
- Flat bottom ice cream cones
(Of course, you can also use your own favorite homemade cake recipe if you like.)
- Make cake mix as directed on box, or prepare your own homemade cake batter.
- Put your ice cream cones in a muffin pan, a cone for each muffin slot, and fill 2/3 with batter. It's a good idea to cover the bottom of each cone with some foil to prevent the batter from leaking.
- Cook as directed for cupcakes on box.
- Let cool and frost as desired.
These are a great treat for Easter desserts for the kids or a special party, or for any occasion whatsoever. They may even become a family favorite!