For the past two years I've made homemade turtles. I cover them with melted chocolate chips. I melt them in the microwave and then top the caramel and pecans.
The chocolate looks good for a couple of days and then it will have white splotches. They taste fine but they aren't very pretty.
When I melt chocolate chips and spread the chocolate on my turtles, why does the chocolate get white white spots on it after a couple of days?
The white spots are usually the result of temperature fluctuations. Try storing your turtles in a location where it is a constant moderate temperature.
When chocolate experiences temperature changes it tends to get sugar bloom and/or fat bloom.
You can read more about how to get rid of white spots on chocolate
and try the method suggested by that candy maker.