Making Fudge Step by Step
This is a homemade chocolate fudge recipe I have used over the years, handed down by my mom. It was always a big hit, made for Christmas, for my teachers!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 small (5 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat sugar, butter & evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3 quart heavy saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil on medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, or until all graininess is gone, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips & marshmallow creme until melted. Stir in vanilla and walnuts.
- Spread immediately into lightly greased 9 inch square pan. Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours. Cut into squares. Store in airtight container. Makes about 3 lbs.