Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars
by CCM Visitor
Recipe for Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars
This recipe is kind of like a homemade Snickers candy bar.
- 10 oz (280g) chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup soft caramel candies from the store
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- Clean and dry your plastic mold thoroughly before you begin.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and then pour melted chocolate into the molds. Be sure the chocolate coats the bottom and sides of each cavity. Pour out the excess chocolate and clean the top of the mold. Leave chocolate in the fridge to set.
- Unwrap the caramel candies and place them in a microwave-safe bowl with water and cream. Microwave them on high for 1 minute. Stir well, then microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir again.
If caramels aren't melted completely, you can give them another quick blast in the microwave. You want the caramel to be smooth and liquid.
- Spoon the caramel mixture into the hardened chocolate molds. Don't fill them to the top. You only want to fill each bar about 2/3 full with caramel.
- Sprinkle chopped cashews over the top of the caramel to almost the top of the mold. Remember, you still need to add a layer of chocolate, so don't fill the mold completely.
- You might need to re-melt the remaining chocolate at this stage. Pour over the molds to form a lid. Scrape the top of the molds flat with a spatula or a knife and then return to the fridge until they're set completely.
- Once the chocolate has hardened properly, remove your candy bars from the molds and store in air tight containers.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Chocolate Candy Recipes.