Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars
How Do You Make Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars?
Years ago when I first started making chocolates at home I made homemade Almond Joy and Mounds bars.
Well, I can't find my recipe on how to make the coconut filling. Can anyone help with this?
Will this Almond Joy recipe do? I'm not sure if it's the exact one you are looking for, but it's the best one I could find.
I'm not particularly a fan of coconut, but apart from that, this sounds really yummy! :-)
Recipe for Almond Joy or Mounds Candy BarsIngredients:
- 5 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 14 oz shredded or flaked coconut
- 24 oz semisweet chips
- 1 cup whole dry roasted almonds
- Blend the condensed milk and the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut. The mixture should be firm.
- Pat the mixture firmly into a Greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator until quite firm.
- In a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, melt the chocolate, stirring often.
- Remove the coconut mixture from the refrigerator and cut into 1 x 2 inch bars.
- (For Almond Joy) Put 2 whole almonds atop each bar.
- Set each coconut bar onto a fork and dip it into the chocolate. Tap the fork against the side of the pan or bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper lined tray to set.
What do you think?
Angie from chocolate-candy-mall.com