by Julia B. Hall
(Saunderstown, Rhode Island, USA)
Texas Fat Ladies certainly will make you fat.
Not only are they sinfully rich, they take very little effort. No calorie burning involved! :)Ingredients:
- 1 roll of Pillsbury refrigerated Chocolate Chip Dough for a double batch use the larger log of dough and a 11x13 inch dish instead of a 9x11 inch dish)
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate bits (or 12 oz. for a larger recipe)
- 1 14 oz. package of Kraft Caramels (or 2 pkgs. for the double batch)
- 1/4 cup of cream (or 1/2 cup for the larger recipe)
- 2 cups of whole pecans; or, if you desire, enough to cover the entire baking dish.
- Unwrap caramels. Melt in microwave or over low heat with cream until smooth.
- Slice log of cookie dough. Lay slices into baking pan and press to uniformly cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375F or until light brown.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over baked cookie dough.
- Drizzle melted smooth caramel over the chocolate.
- Press pecans gently onto caramel.
- Cool to room temperature, slice into slender bars or small squares.
You can store these Fat Ladies in paper cupcake liners in a tightly sealed container. Keeps for a month.
I've never heard of these treats, but they do sound simple and delicious! I can't imagine them keeping for a month - at least not in my house! :) They'd be gone before you knew it.
Thanks for taking the time to post this easy to make homemade cookie/bar recipe.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Chocolate Candy Recipes.