Easter Cupcakes With A Surprise Inside
by Amanda B.
This recipe for Easter cupcakes with a surprise inside is really a yummy treat and a great Easter Dessert for an Easter party for kids or adults.
How To Make The Easter Cupcakes:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 24 mini chocolate eggs, will the foil unwrapped (You can use the caramel filled eggs if you want a gooey surprise inside.)
- Get the oven ready by preheating to 350° F. and prepare the muffin pans by greasing them or lining them with paper wrappers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl combine the butter and the two sugars to make a fluffy creamed mixture. One at a time, beat in the eggs and then the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk alternately, mixing each time until combined.
- Fill your prepared muffins about 1/3 full each and then poke a chocolate egg into the center to create the Easter surprise. Add a little more batter mixture to cover (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. You'll know they are ready when the tops spring back to the touch and they are golden brown. You don't want to poke these with a skewer as you do with a regular cake, because of your secret surprise in the center.
Once your Easter cupcakes have cooled, you can ice them any way you like. Even if you don't have the time or inclination to get "fancy" you can still dress them up a bit by sprinkling pastel sprinkles on the top of white icing or add some food coloring to shredded coconut and sprinkle that on top.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Easter Desserts.