Dark Chocolate Candy Recipes
Indulge Your Taste Buds
Dark chocolate candy recipes are for the chocolate connoisseur as well as the chocoholic that would like to broaden her chocolate horizon.
You are sure to find a dark chocolate candy recipe that will win you over to my way of thinking - dark chocolate candy is a treasure to be desired and enjoyed.
I actually like to splurge every now and then and treat myself to chocolate candy that I didn't have to make myself. :) On those occasions, it is difficult to decide which ones to indulge in. Here's a few favorites.
Dark Chocolate Candy Recipe #1
Dark Chocolate Coconut Clusters
- 1 3/4 cup shredded or flaked coconut (sweetened)
- 7 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread coconut on a baking sheet and toast for about 3-5 minutes until golden. Stir every minute. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Melt and temper the chocolate. Add the toasted coconut to the tempered chocolate, and stir to coat it completely. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined baking sheet. Allow to set at room temperature or chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (Clusters can be frozen for about 2 months).
HINT: You can substitute the coconut with raisins, nuts, or a combination of the three.
Dark Chocolate Candy Recipe #2
Chocolate Covered Butter Caramels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 lb. dark chocolate, chopped fine
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil and coat foil with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Allow for enough foil to hang over the edges.
- Bring cream to boil in a heavy saucepan. Add sugar, corn syrup, and honey and return to the boil, stirring constantly. Wash sides of pan with pastry brush and warm water to prevent sugar crystals.
- On medium heat continue boiling until temperature reaches 257 degrees F. on your candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Pour caramel into foil lined pan and allow to cool for about 1 hour until cool. Tip caramel out onto a cutting board and peel the foil off. Cut caramel into 1 inch strips and then into 2 inch segments.
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper. Melt and temper the chocolate. Place the caramels into the tempered chocolate and coat well. Remove from chocolate using a fork or candy dipper, shaking off excess chocolate. Slide onto waxed paper. Before chocolate sets completely, sprinkle the tops with remaining sea salt.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature, or chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container between layers of waxed paper, at room temperature.
Dark Chocolate Candy Recipe #3
Dark Chocolate Turtle Squares
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, chips or chopped in pieces
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 12 ounce jar caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine melted butter and vanilla wafer crumbs and press into bottom of 9x13 pan. Sprinkle pecans and dark chocolate into the pan.
- Remove lid from caramel topping and microwave on high for about 30 seconds to heat through. Drizzle over top of chocolate and pecans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chocolate melts. Do not over cook! Allow to cool and then chill for 30 minutes. Cut into squares. Mmmmm. Enjoy!
Return from Dark Chocolate Candy Recipes to Homemade Chocolate Candy Recipes
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage