Coconut Fluff Cake
by Krystal Cobb
(Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Coconut Fluff Cake from Woman's Day
This Coconut Fluff Cake is as delicate as a Springtime Zephyr. It makes a wonderful Easter dessert or just a recipe to celebrate Spring!
Fluffy Coconut Cake RecipeIngredients Needed:
- 2 1/2 c. sifted flour
- 4 1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder (or 6 3/4 tsp single acting)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. vegetable shortening
- 1 1/8 c. milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2/3 c. egg whites
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the shortening and milk.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes until batter is
well-blended and glossy.
- Add almond extract and egg whites.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into 2, lightly greased, floured, 8-inch square layer cake pans or 9-inch round layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes.
Fluffy White FrostingIngredients:
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 6 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- flaked coconut
- Combine egg whites, sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Place in top of double boiler over rapidly boiling water and beat with mixer for 4 to 5 minutes until mixture stands in soft mounds.
- Remove from boiling water and cool.
- Add vanilla; continue beating until frosting stands in peaks.
- Spread on cooled layers of cake.
- Sprinkle coconut generously over all of frosting.
Thanks for this marvelous Easter dessert recipe for Coconut Fluff Cake.
I'm not a big coconut fan myself, so I think I'd just leave out the very last part, but I know a lot of people just adore coconut, so either way, this Easter dessert's a winner.
If you have other tasty recipe ideas, we'd love to have you share them with us. They could be Easter recipes or just favorites to be used all year round! The more the merrier! :-)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Easter Desserts.