Circus Theme Birthday Party
by Sandy Wooster
Clown Cake Pops
Circus Theme Cake for Cody's 5th Birthday
Circus Theme Birthday Ideas
Here are the clown cake pops I made for my grandsons 5th birthday party. It was a fun Circus theme.
I dipped the cake balls in white chocolate and decorated them with fondant and royal icing.
My daughter and I made the circus theme cake. She bakes the cake and frosts it and leaves the hard stuff for me! :)
I made the clowns with buttercream frosting, but I cheated and bought the clown head picks.
A circus birthday party theme is a fun idea for kids of all ages. I bet Cody just loved it!
The clown cake pops make perfect party favors. I know a lot of kids bring in cake or cupcakes for their class to celebrate their birthday.
Wouldn't clown cake pops go over big with any class? I reckon they'd be talked about for a long time to come. :)
Once again, you've outdone yourself Sandy. Honestly, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
For those of you who have never made cake pops, they are a lot easier than you might think. I'm not sure how Sandy made her clown cake pops, but here's a simple way to make your basic foundation.
- Bake a cake (box or from scratch).
- When you remove the cake from the oven, tip it into a large bowl while it is still warm and break it into pieces.
- Stir in a container of prepared frosting (or the equivalent amount of homemade frosting).
- Form the cake into balls the size you want for your cake pops. Insert your lollipop sticks and chill for a couple of hours.
- Dip the cake pops into melted chocolate and decorate as desired for the occasion.
I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. Be sure to add your own creations for the rest of us to see.