Christmas Hard Candy
Christmas hard candy recipes are just what you need if you want to get your hands messy this year.
We've got more recipes on this site than you can poke a wooden spoon at!
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
What? You want to buy hard Christmas candy instead of making it? No problem!
Here's a great selection to stuff your stockings or make your Christmas party a bit more festive.
back to the recipes for hard Christmas candy. This particular
Christmas candy recipe is for people who want to make their hard
Christmas candy from scratch.
If you'd rather take out the hard work,
you'll also find a few other hard candy Christmas recipes that you can make with the kids in as little as 15 minutes.
Stained Glass Candy Or Rock Candy
What you'll need to make your very own hard candy for Christmas:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of light corn syrup
- 3 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite flavoring
- food coloring
- powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Generously sprinkle a large marble slab (or baking trays) with powdered sugar
- Combine water, sugar, and corn syrup in a heavy pan. Heat on high, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stop stirring and allow the mixture to boil until it reaches 310° F. on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat. When the bubbling stops, stir in your chosen flavoring and coloring.
- Pour candy onto the powdered sugar so that it spreads out in a big thin puddle. Allow it to cool slightly.
in long strips with a cookie cutter and then, working quickly, snip
into bite sized pieces with scissors. (I usually butter my hands to help
reduce the chances of burnt fingers).
- Roll each piece in the powdered sugar and store in an airtight jar or tin when cool. They look like little colored rocks!
alternative way of making this Christmas hard candy is to pour the hot
mixture directly into a greased pan and refrigerate to cool. Then break
the candy into shattered pieces. Like pieces of stained glass.
- Place the rock candy in small jars or party favor bags and give as gifts for Christmas.
Got any sweet recipes to share? Add them here! We can never get enough candy and dessert recipes for Christmas!
Buy Christmas Hard Candy Online
Return from Christmas Hard Candy to Chocolate Christmas Candy
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall Homepage