by Teresa Long
Chocolate Turtle Candy
This recipe for Chocolate Turtles is really simple to make.
- 30 shelled salted pecan halves (I like the buttery kind)
- 10 Kraft Caramels
- Melting chocolate (you can use chocolate chips or wafers)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the pecans flat side up on a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray (I use butter flavor). Place them in groups of 3 so they make a triangle shape (more like a Y).
- Unwrap and place a caramel on each triangle.
- Place in oven and heat until melted but not running everywhere. Remove from oven and place on a piece of waxed paper after they have had a few minutes to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle heavily over the caramels and nuts. Allow to cool. If you prefer, you can wait until they are pecan and caramels have cooled and then dip them with a fork or candy dipper into the chocolate to coat. Allow the chocolate to set.
My kids used to love to help make these. Other than the fact that they could not use the oven, they loved placing the nuts in the proper order.
Also they loved to unwrap the carmels (get a big bag, they will eat more then you make). They loved stacking the carmels.
It is really an easy, yet yummy recipe that the whole family can get involved in. What great memories! These also make great hors d'oeuvres or great gifts for kids to make for grandma and grandpa or teachers, etc..
Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for sharing this delicious but 'simple to make' Chocolate Turtle Candy recipe.
I think this recipe is so easy anyone should be able to make it for Christmas (or whenever) without worrying about it not 'turning out right.'
If you have any other recipes to add, please do. It's so fun getting more and more new ideas for making yummy treats.