This adorable Chocolate Mice Candy makes a really interesting and fun candy treat. They are so easy to make, too.
The kids will think eating a chocolate mouse is really awesome and even your adult friends will think you are quite clever.
This is a great recipe to make for a child's birthday party, or to send to school for a special occasion, or even when the class is learning about mice. You'll be the coolest mom around. :)
I've included methods of preparing this chocolate candy. The first is the most elaborate and tastiest, but it is still yummy if you use the simpler version.
1. Thoroughly drain cherries on a paper towel.
2. Mix together butter, corn syrup, salt, and powdered sugar. Knead until smooth.
3. Shape 1 tsp. of the mixture around each cherry and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet to chill.
4. Melt chocolate chips or pieces using a double boiler. You could use the microwave instead, but you only want to heat the chocolate for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well between each interval.
5. Dip covered cherries in melted chocolate by holding at the stems. Place on waxed paper lined tray and immediately place a chocolate kiss and 2 almond slices in place for the ears and head before chocolate sets.
For added "cuteness" dot two eyes and a nose on each head with a bit of white chocolate or you could even use one of those little cake decorator icing tubes.
6. Store chocolate mice in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you want to make this recipe really quickly and without any hassle, simply drain the cherries, melt the chocolate, dip and assemble.
You don't have to make the mixture around the cherry to make chocolate candy mice.