Chocolate Haystacks are a great idea if you are looking for chocolate candy recipes for kids.
Use the haystack candy recipe in conjunction with other recipes to make a full meal based on a farm theme. The kids will love it!
Here are a couple different types of haystack recipes to choose from. They are both yummy, so try them both! :)
Chocolate Haystack Recipe #1
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles, slightly broken
- Prepare a tray by lining with waxed paper.
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute and stir. Continue heating and stirring every 30 seconds until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add chow mein noodles and stir well to coat. Drop by teaspoonfuls on to the wax paper. Let stand or chill until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Haystacks #2
- 1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package butterscotch chips
- 6 cups corn flakes
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- chopped nuts or jimmies, optional
- Place corn flakes in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt shortening, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips in a large saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over corn flakes and stir well until thoroughly coated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture with heaping teaspoons into mounds on waxed paper lined tray. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts or jimmies if desired.
You can get all different types of sprinkles and jimmies at Candyland Crafts. They also have paper candy cups if you prefer to use them.
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container.
Return from Chocolate Haystacks to Chocolate Candy Recipes For Kids
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall.com Homepage