Chocolate Fingers by StarrGazr
On the page about Halloween party favors, there was a question about how to make chocolate fingers with a string around it for a Halloween party invitation.
Here's a way to make chocolate fingers without using a chocolate mold. Instead you use pretzel rods. The chocolate combined with the saltiness of the pretzels is a "scary good" combination.
I don't have a photo, but here are the general instructions...Items needed:
- Pretzel Rods
- White chocolate melts, chips or pieces
- Candy corn
- Thin black licorice ropes
- Use large pretzel sticks cut in half.
- Dip the each pretzel half in melted white chocolate (I use Wilton Vanilla candy melts) and place on wax paper.
- Get candy corn and put one on the top end of the pretzel finger.
- Put them in the freezer for 5 minutes, remove from freezer, take black licorice string and tie around pretzel finger.
Hope someone can use this idea.
Great idea to get the chocolate finger look. The licorice rope was a good idea to get that "string around the finger" effect.
You could also use other types of chocolate or colored melts like in the photo above by StarrGazr on Flickr
, to create Frankenstein fingers, witches fingers, and mummy fingers.
She has more instructions there with her photo, but the basics are to use a combination of colored chocolate and coating and something for a fingernail or claw - almonds, sliced jelly candies, etc.
It's such a cute idea and one that I know kids would really enjoy. A chocolate pretzel finger would be fun too sink your teeth into, wouldn't it?
Anyone else have any great ideas for making edible fingers for either a party favor or Halloween dessert, etc? Don't forget to share your ideas here, too.
~ Angie from chocolate-candy-mall.com