Chocolate Comes Out Of The Molds Rust Color

by New Candy Maker

My chocolate comes out of the molds rust color. What am I doing wrong?

I'm a new chocolatier and make candy bars with ganache filling.

When I remove the bars from the molds I get a rust and/or white color. I use Peters eastchester dark caps. This product comes tempered when I receive it.

Hi New Candy Maker,

Are you refrigerating or freezing your molded chocolates? That's my first thought when we talk about discoloration of chocolate.

Changes in temperature and/or condensation are one of the most common causes.

Try letting the chocolate set at room temperature. Chocolate candy making doesn't work well if you live in a really hot and humid climate unless you have an air-conditioned room to work in.

Also, if your chocolate is already tempered, you want to be careful not to get it out of temper by melting it over too high of a heat. Keep the temperature as low as possible and just take your time. Going slow will give you much better results as your chocolate will stay "in temper" and should give you a really nice finish.

Hope that helps!

Comments for Chocolate Comes Out Of The Molds Rust Color

Click here to add your own comments

May 16, 2012
discolored chocolate NEW
by: Cheryl

removing chocolate from mold prematurely may result in discoloration.

Nov 16, 2010
i sure it is
by: claire

i work in a chocolate factor but am looking into going alone and see this kind of thing everyday it may be tempered but the sudden change in temperature is making yourchocolate coe out this way. hope this is of help

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Chocolate Candy Mold Creations.

Search our Site:

Sign up for our FREE newsletter,
Charmingly Chocolate

E-mail Address

First Name


Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you Charmingly Chocolate.

Some of our delicious Site Sponsors

chocolate club

Chocolate Candy Mall Thank You