Chocolate Candy Spoons
"A Stirring Idea"
Chocolate Candy Spoons are a simple but really nice party favor that will make your guests smile and say, "Mmmmmm!"
Chocolate spoons also make a unique but adorable gift for those who enjoy a little something extra in their cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
You can order candy spoons beautifully made and ready to serve from places like My Wedding Favors if you like (as pictured above). Theirs are white vanilla creme spoons, but you can also get them in different varieties, elsewhere.
But, do you realize that with just a little time and effort you can produce these sweet treats yourself? Your friends will be in awe of you.
Here's a little selection of some of the choices available as well as a few molds for making chocolate spoons for special occasions. If you scroll down farther, you'll find some step-by-step instructions for making chocolate candy spoons.
Make Chocolate Candy Spoons
- Decide on the chocolate you will use. Chocolate chips are quick and easy, as well as chocolate melts. You can use white, dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate. You only need one 12 ounce bag to make about 3 dozen chocolate dipped spoons.
You can also order some nice chocolate from Candyland Crafts
- Buy some heavy duty plastic teaspoons. If you want to really go first class, you can buy a nice set of real spoons. It all depends on your purpose for this venture.
- You will also need some clear cellophane and colored ribbon for wrapping your chocolate covered spoons. You can actually order mini cellophane bags, and even ribbon or twist ties along with your chocolate from Candyland Crafts.
- Prepare a couple of cookie sheets by covering them with a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Or you can place one cup of the chocolate chips in a glass microwave safe measuring cup. A smaller one will be a lot easier to work with. Melt the chocolates at medium for about 1 minute. Stir, even if they don’t look like they need it. Keep on heating and stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth.
You may need to add a teaspoon of shortening to the chocolate to thin it out a bit.
- Dip the spoons, one at a time, in the melted chocolate completely coating the bowl of the spoon. For some of your chocolate dipped spoons you may want to go up the handle slightly, but try to be consistent. Gently tap the spoon on the side of the measuring cup to remove excess chocolate. Place chocolate dipped spoons on the cookie sheet to cool. Allow to cool completely.
- Wrap the bowl of the spoon with cellophane and tie it with a pretty ribbon.
You did it! You made your own chocolate coffee spoons that will make you the admiration of all of your friends and guests. Congratulations!
Just a reminder: These clever spoons can be used as wedding favors, shower favors, Christmas party "extras" or really as favors for any special occasion.
If you have other ideas similar to this one for chocolate candy spoons, please let us in on your secrets! I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting chocolate candy recipes, favors, and party ideas, especially if they are fairly easy to create! Share yours here, too! :)
Have A Chocolate Party Favor Idea?
Go ahead and show off your creativity. We'd all love to see what you've done.
Maybe you saw something extra special or super cute at a party or wedding that you attended. Do tell..
If you have a photo, all the better. Tell us about it in the form below. We'd even like to know any humorous or poignant details that make your story unique.
Return from Chocolate Candy Spoons to Chocolate Candy Gifts
Return to Chocolate Candy Mall.com Homepage