Choclolate Covered Candy How To Do?
I would like to coat dried fruit with chocolate. How do I do this?
It is really quite easy to make chocolate covered candy, particularly when you are using dried fruit. You won't believe how simple it really is!
- Line the counter or some baking trays with waxed paper.
- You have different choices when it comes to melting the chocolate. Choose whichever method suits you best.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is almost smooth. Continue stirring and allow the heat of the melted chocolate to finish off melting the last little bit. Important: Don't over heat.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or a bowl set on top of a pan with an inch or so of simmering (not boiling) water. Stir until smooth.
- If you want the very best quality finish, temper the chocolate.
Personally, I like to add about a teaspoon or so of vegetable shortening to the chocolate while melting. It gives it a nice consistency and shine.
- Dip the dried fruit into the melted chocolate and place on the waxed paper to set. You can cover the fruit completely in chocolate, or leave a part of it uncovered for a more colorful appearance.
That's it! I hope your chocolate covered dried fruit turns out wonderful. It's a great combo. Take some photos when you're done and show them off for us. :-)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Chocolate Covered Additions.