Candy Covered Candy
(Tucker GA USA)
I came up with this "Candy Covered Candy" idea by accident but my kids really loved it.
- 1 bag each of candy corn, gummy bears, jelly beans, gummy worms, jolly ranchers, and starburst.
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 4 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 C hot water
- Take all candy from bags.
- Dump all ingredients into large mixing bowl.
- Mix around until sugars melt.
- Place mixture in freezer for about 20 minutes to solidify liquids.
- PLace 1/4 cup of candied goodness into individual bags.
Too much is BAD for you, but it is a fun treat. :)
You Candy Covered Candy is definitely a creative concept.
The combination must be very colorful and interesting.
I'm trying to picture the finished candy. Once the mixture is removed from the freezer, does it get all sticky and gooey?
Is it one big clump or are the different candies still in individual pieces?
The cinnamon and sugar combo must make an amazing flavor on top of the original candy flavors.
Next time you make this, try to take a photo and add it here for us so we can get a better idea of what the finished candy is like. You can just use one of these same forms and make a note for me to add it here and I'll put it up at the top. ;)
Thanks for sharing this unique recipe idea for Easter desserts!