Candy Bar Cake
Candy Bar Cake available at CandyBlast.com
How do you build or put together a candy bar cake?
It's not a cake that you bake. It is actually wrapped candy or wrapped candy bars that you assemble together to resemble a cake.
The photo above is from candyblast.com where you can purchase candy bar cakes already made up.
There are probably a few different ways to build a cake made of candy bars. I'll describe the easiest way here, but you can probably improvise some of the steps if you need to.
How To Make A Candy Bar CakeItems Needed:
- Cardboard round for base (The cake in the image above is not attached to a base, it is just setting on a cake platter. If that is how you want to present your cake, you don't need a cardboard base.)
- Styrofoam rounds for center. You can stack a few of all the same size or get a variety of sizes to make a multi-layer cake.
- hot glue gun
- candy bars (regular size or miniatures or both)
- other assorted candies if desired for added decoration on top or around the base.
- ribbon if desired for decoration on top
- Attach the bottom layer (largest) of styrofoam to the center of the cardboard base with hot glue.
- Continue adding the layers of your cake frame by hot gluing them on top of each other until you get the desired shape and size you want.
- Starting at the bottom layer, begin gluing the candy bars around the outside of the foam circles.
- Continue adding candy and/or candy bars until your entire foam cake frame is completely covered.
- Make a curly bow or other decoration to add to the top for "cuteness."
You can usually pick up the foam rounds at your local craft shop. You may even be able to find them in the craft section of Walmart, etc.
If you're unable to locate any foam rounds, you can probably improvise by cutting and shaping some sturdy poster board or cardboard into a cake shape. You just want to be sure it is sturdy enough to hold the weight of all the candy once it is assembled. :)I want to see your finished candy bar cake!
Don't forget to add it here when you get it done.