Candy Bar Brownies
by Kim Henke
I posted this yummy recipe for candy bar brownies on my site, All About Food Storage.
It's such a great idea for using leftover Halloween candy. It's delicious, and lets you space out your trick-or-treating surplus!
I thought all you chocolate lovers might enjoy it, too. :)
Candy Bar Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Snickers bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside 1/4 cup and then stir the remaining dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well combined.
- Toss the Snickers pieces with the reserved 1/4 cup flour mixture and then stir into the batter.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13”x 9” baking pan. Sprinkle the chopped milk chocolate candy bar pieces on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool on a wire rack. Chill before cutting. Yield: 3 doz
Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. It really sounds decadent and one that must be tried soon!
I hope you'll come back and share other great chocolate recipes with us when you find them. We can never get enough around here.
If any of the rest of you try this recipe before me, please let me know how you liked it. You can even send me a photo and I'll add it here so we can all drool together. :-)
You also might like to check out Kim's website
for other great "food ideas."