Buttery Orange Raisin Cake
by Susan Jacob
(Kottayam, Kerala, India)
Here's a wonderful Buttery Orange Raisin Cake recipe that you can whip up for an Easter Dessert.
It's fresh and has the taste of Spring that everyone will love.
- flour 2 cups
- sugar 11/4 cup
- butter 1/2 cup
- eggs 2
- milk 3/4 cup
- vinegar 1 tablespoon
- baking powder 1 teaspoon
- baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- salt 1 pinch
- raisin 1 cup
- orange 2
- Take one orange, peel the skin and grind it with the raisin and keep aside.
- Take 1/4 cup of orange juice and mix it with 1/4 cup of sugar till the sugar completely melts.
Pour the vinegar into the milk and keep aside.
- Now beat the sugar and butter, then add one egg at a time till the sugar melts. Then add the orange-raisin mix and beat thoroughly.
- Then add the flour mixed with baking powder and baking soda alternately with milk, beat well and pour the mixture into a cake pan greased with butter.
- Bake it for 45 minutes at 350 degree. When done take the cake out and sprinkle orange juice on the sides and on it. Keep it again in the oven for a little time and take out. Now you can enjoy your buttery orange raisin cake.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Easter Desserts.