by Mary Ellen Griffo
(Livonia, NY, USA)
You used to produce a butterscotch melt and when mixed with toasted coconut made a wonderful candy. My question is why don't you make it anymore?
Hi Mary Ellen,
You must be thinking of another company where you used to get the butterscotch melt candy. We have never sold them here at Chocolate Candy Mall.
They have the Merkens butterscotch melts at Candyland Crafts
, if that is what you are looking for.
If you are looking for the Coconut Butterscotch candy already made up, I'm not sure where you can purchase them. Have you tried making them yourself? Here's a fairly simple recipe that you could try...You'll need:
- 1 package of butterscotch chips or melts
- 2-3 cups of shredded coconut, unsweetened (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place coconut on a foil lined baking tray and toast at 325° for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to make sure the coconut is nice and golden throughout.
- Melt the butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. (You can also melt over a double boiler if you prefer - just be careful not to get any moisture in them.)
- Add the salt and coconut to the melted butterscotch and place by spoonfuls onto a waxed paper lined baking sheet to cool.
***For a bit of fancy fun, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle on the top of your Coconut Butterscotch Melts.
I hope this makes up for us not having what you are looking for. :)