by Janet Meyers
This simple recipe for Brigadiers Candy was given to me by my mother many years ago and I make these candies every Christmas for my daughter and my friends.
- 1 14 oz can (1 1/2 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsps. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 2 oz.bottle (1/3 cup) small chocolate decorator candy
- In 2 qt. saucepan, combine milk, cocoa powder and butter or margarine.
- Cook and stir over medium heat with wooden spoon until mixture pulls away from sides of pan, about 5 minutes.
- Turn mixture onto buttered plate to cool.
- With buttered hands, shape mixture into small balls about 2 tsps each. Roll in chocolate sprinkles.
Keep chilled. Makes 2 dozen
Thanks for sharing this great recipe Janet. They Brigadier candy sounds really yummy and not difficult at all to make.
I've also heard these candies called Brigadeiros after Brazilian Brigadier Eduardo Gomes. Apparently they were first made in the 1940's and are quite popular in Brazil