Bloody Hands Punch
(Delaware, OH, USA)
Halloween Punch (photo by Kids Kuizine)
This is a recipe for Bloody Hands Punch that my partner came up with for a Halloween party we had a few years ago. It was a big hit!
- sterile latex gloves
- large clear punch bowl
- bottle cranberry juice
- bottle pomegranate juice
- bottle blood orange juice
- 2-liter Sprite or other lemon/lime pop
- Fill the latex gloves (we used 4) with water and tie them at the wrist like you would a balloon. Freeze in freezer overnight.
- Mix all ingredients for punch in punch bowl the day of the party.
- Take frozen water gloves out of freezer. Cut at the knot and peel gloves off of the "hands" carefully. You can run under hot water briefly if needed to help remove the latex. Float hands in the punch to keep it cold.
Looks like dead hands floating in blood. Kids love this and so do adults!
Scott, this is a great idea! Thanks so much for taking the time to submit it. I love the fact that it is so simple but really effective.
I think I'd probably fill the glove with something besides water, maybe Sprite or 7-Up so that as it melted it would add to the flavor of the punch rather than water it down.
Or maybe even fill the hand with the red juice and use a lighter colored punch. Hmmm. The possibilities are intriguing.
I can see why bloody hands punch would be a big hit as a Halloween recipe! If you have any other clever ideas to share, we'd love to hear them.Happy Holidays!