Best Easy Chocolate Brownie Recipe
by Pastastic Matt
Best Easy Chocolate Brownies
I am no desert-making expert, but this, seems to me, has a shot of being the best easy chocolate brownie recipe around - it's so simple and so delicious, it's earned me serious kitchen kudos from everyone I've served them to!
I actually got the recipe from a Swiss German cookbook (Betti Bossi brand I think), however it's billed as an American brownie recipe. Whatever, all I know is they're damn moreish.Swiss-Book Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Serves 4-8 (depends how greedy you are!)Ingredients
100g/3.5oz dark chocolate (70% is perfect)
75g/2.65oz milk chocolate
1-2 eggs (I've used both, there's little difference)
120g/4.25oz plain flour
150g/5.25oz walnuts (roughly chopped)
Half a small sachet of vanilla sugar
Pinch of saltStep 1
- Chop then melt the butter in a small pan on a medium heat, being careful not to burn it.Step 2
- Break up the chocolate and add this in, melting and stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Then remove the pan and place somewhere to cool for 5 minutes (I use the windowsill outside).Step 3
- Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Then break and whiz the eggs in a cup using a fork, and pour the egg mixture into the mixing bowl.
- Use a whisk or electric hand mixer to blend all these together. Step 4
pour in all the chocolate sauce and mix some more.Step 5
- Finally, you will keep blending while pouring in the flour - to thicken up the mixture.
- When done, do the same with the nuts and when all well blended together we're ready to cook!Step 6
- Coat a baking dish (ours is a 30cm or 12"-long rectangle shape) and coat with oven-proof paper.
- Pour in the brownie mixture and use a spoon to even it out.
- Cook at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes (when you can insert a toothpick and pull it out clean, it's ready).
- Remove from oven and leave to stand/cool for at least 15 mins before chopping into chunks.
Soooo tasty. I hope everyone loves it as much as we do (and everyone we know!) Angie - the next time I make these I'll be sure to send you a pic in all their glory!
Thanks so much for stopping by and adding your best easy chocolate brownie recipe. :~) Sounds so yummy!
I'd love the photo if/when you get around to it. A good picture is enough to push someone over the edge of temptation to actually making a recipe. Myself included.
Your pasta site is fantastic, too. I'm sure my visitors will enjoy popping over for some dinner recipes once they've got dessert sorted!