Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's monthly chocolate candy newsletter,
Are you looking for Sweetest Day gift ideas to treat your loved one to something special? Did you even remember that Sweetest Day is just around the corner? :)
Yes, Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 16, 2010. Do you have a "Sweetie" that you can spoil? It doesn't have to be a spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, you know. You can brighten the day of anyone who has brought some sweetness into your life along the way.
News Flash Update:Before we start talking about some great Sweetest Day gift ideas, I wanted to tell you some exciting news. Some of you may remember that we've been working on a way for you to sell your candy online.
The new CCM Store Is Ready! We had some hiccups along the way in the programming, but it's official. You can now take advantage of all the chocolate lovers who visit Chocolate Candy Mall each day to launch your own online candy business.
You can list as many products as you like for a small monthly fee. We already have 2 Vendors that have signed up and are beginning to list their goodies for sale. Grab this Vendor's Guide and get started before the holiday rush!
Now, back to our gift ideas for Sweetest Day!
Candy Bar BouquetA candy bar bouquet or other type of candy bouquet is a really lovely gift for any occasion, but when it comes to Sweetest Day, you can hardly go wrong.
You can order from this wonderful selection of chocolate candy bouquets if you don't want to attempt making your own, but let me encourage you to give it a try. Making a candy bouquet is a lot easier than you might think.
Look at these cute bouquets that others have made and let them inspire you to come up with your own unique creation.
Here's what you need to get started:
- Something to use as a base - a jar, vase, basket, box, etc.
- Something to use as a stem - wooden or metal skewers work great.
- Florist foam for the base to hold the skewers in place, particularly if you use a short and/or wide base. If you use a tall narrow jar, you probably can skip the foam
- Cellophane and/or ribbon for decoration
- The Candy, of course!!! Choose large or small wrapped candy bars, individual wrapped pieces, or whatever you know the recipient will love.
- Prepare your base by inserting the foam (if you are using it).
- Attach the candy to the skewers. You can either tape the skewers to the wrapper of each candy, or you can actually stick the skewer right into the candy bars or pieces. If you don't think the candy will be eaten within a couple of days, I would suggest you leave the wrappers in tact and use the tape. If you pierce the wrapper, the candy will go stale more quickly - which would be a dreadful shame! :)
- Arrange the skewers in your base. For variety, try different heights as it gives the finished candy bar bouquet a much nicer look.
- You can use the cellophane to either wrap the base itself or cut in large squares and using a florist pick, poke the centers into the foam to give a frilly look to your arrangement.
- You can always substitute other fillers in your base, like confetti, tissue paper, miniature candies, etc. to create your own unique look.
- Get ready to see some smiles!
I love the candy bar bouquet idea, but if you're looking for something else, here are a few more Sweetest Day gift ideas:
- Chocolate.com has a wonderful selection of gourmet chocolate gifts. This month you can save 5% off your purchase by using coupon code FALLGIFT5 when you place your order.
- I've ordered quite a few gift subscriptions in the last few months from Magazines.com for various family members.
I don't know if it's because of the competition created by the rise of the web, or what, but the prices on magazine subscriptions have become so inexpensive that they are hard to pass up.
They've got a selection of magazines covering food, fashion, fishing, hunting, sports, coins, stamp collecting, gardening, news, entertainment, science, golf, photography, fitness, renovation, motoring....
...you get the idea, I'm sure. You really can't go wrong.
has the most impressive chocolate candy on the planet (in my humble opinion). If you want to make that kind of impression on someone you love, you can't do better than this.
- For something a little bit different, how about treating someone to a coffee or tea package from Boca Java Coffee? They have a lovely gift selection and affordable starter packages to choose from. Browse around and find just the right Sweetest Day gift.
Happy Sweetest Day!
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate with the clever candy bar bouquet and other Sweetest Day gift ideas to help you spoil someone deserving in your life. If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me, just reply to this zine and let me know. And don't forget to check out our new Chocolate Candy Mall Store!
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.