Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's chocolate candy newsletter,
This Mothers Day message offers sweet ideas to pamper your mother and ensure she feels your love and appreciation on this special day. The mother of all chocolate desserts is a great place to start.
Part of my Mother's Day message to you this year is to Cherish your Mother while you have the chance! I've always loved spoiling my mom for Mother's Day and throughout the year.
Now that my dear mother has gone to heaven, I no longer have that pleasure. I treasure the memories that we have made over the years and I know that you will too, if you make the effort to show your mom the love and appreciation that she deserves.
Mother Of All Chocolate Desserts
There are tons of Mothers Day recipes that you can find online if you have a look around, but one of my favorites is what I like to call the "Mother of all Chocolate Desserts!"
This recipe is so easy to whip up and you don't have to make it from "scratch," though you certainly can if you prefer.
What you'll need:
- Your favorite chocolate cake mix (boxed or homemade)
- 2 small packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 container of Cool Whip (or 16 ounces of heavy whipping cream)
- 2 of your Mom's favorite candy bars (Heath, Hershey, Snickers, Skor, etc.)
How To Assemble:
- Bake your chocolate cake according to the directions on the box (or following your favorite recipe) and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding according to the directions on the box and chill.
- If you are going to use heavy cream instead of Cool Whip, in a chilled bowl whip the cream until it forms peaks. I prefer to add about 1/8 cup of sugar to sweeten the cream while I'm whipping it, but you can add sugar according to your own taste or leave it out completely. The rest of the dessert will be sweet enough. Chill the cream until ready to assemble your trifle dessert.
- Chop up your candy bars in to small pieces.
- Now it is time to assemble the mother of all chocolate desserts! :) If you have a trifle bowl, of course, this will be the best. If not, you can use a large clear glass bowl. A clear bowl allows you to show off the delicious layers, and allow everyone to "eat with their eyes first." But, if you can't get your hands on one, you can go ahead and use any large bowl.
- Begin by breaking up the cooled cake into small chunks. Some people like to cut the cake into cubes, but I just get my hands into it and break it in pieces.
- Place half the cake on the bottom of your bowl. Spread half of the chocolate pudding on top of the cake and then half of the Cool Whip or whipped cream. Sprinkle half of the chopped candy bars on top of the cream and then REPEAT the layers.
And that's it! Pop your Mother's Day dessert into the fridge until you are ready to serve. Everyone is going to love it, I promise!
Practical Mother's Day Ideas
If you are blessed to spend the day with your mother, there are some simple little things that you can do that day to make Mother's Day even more special for her. Here are two of my favorites:
- Mothers Day Messages - Write several little short notes of love and appreciation to your mother for all the things she has meant to you over the years.
You can just get a pretty little pad of paper for this, or buy a number of different Mother's Day cards if you have the spare cash. If the children are little, they can simply use plain paper and markers or crayons (and someone to help them write what they'd like to say).
Take these Mothers Day messages and hide them around the house in places that you know your mother will eventually find them (even if it isn't on the same day). Don't be surprised if she saves each Mothers Day message and cherishes it for years to come.
- Day Off For Mom - Most moms spend all their time taking care of their kids. Between the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, the dishes, the waiting on, etc., a mother is always working full time.
Mothers Day is the perfect time for everyone else to take over and mom to have the day off. From the moment she wakes up until the time she goes to bed, don't let her do a thing but be taken care of!
This will be difficult to achieve because she won't be able to help herself, so you'll have to be firm. Shoo her away when she tries to help and insist she put up her feet with a cup of tea or enjoy a nice ramble in the garden.
These simple little "free" Mothers Day ideas are a way to get the Mothers Day message of genuine love and appreciation through to your dear Mother. You'll feel pretty great, too!
More Mother's Day Gift Ideas
For those of you who don't want to make your own Mother's Day gifts, or don't have the pleasure of living close enough to your Mom to pamper her in person, here are a couple of ideas that should still manage to make her feel extra special:
Whether ordering up a gift online or personally making something extra special for your Mom, don't pass up this opportunity to send a Mothers Day message to your mom while you still have the chance. You'll miss it dearly when the opportunity is gone.
Happy Mother's Day!
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate with the delicious Mother of all chocolate dessert recipe and other Mother's Day ideas!
If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me, just reply to this zine and let me know. And don't forget to check out our new Chocolate Candy Mall Store. Buy some homemade goodies, or list your own for sale!
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Some of our delicious