Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's chocolate candy newsletter,
Just wanted to say a quick Happy New Year and share a quick recipe idea to help you start the new year out on a "sweet note." Sorry in advance if dieting is your New Year's Resolution! :)
How did your Christmas go? I hope you had a wonderful time. My Christmas was a lovely day spent with friends. It's always so nice to have a little break and eat yummy food. Of course I had chocolate! Did you ever doubt it? :)
I didn't go crazy this holiday season. I've put on so much weight this year since my mom went to be with the Lord, that I've had to be really stern with myself the past few months and try to reverse all the damage I've done.
I still splurged a little for the holiday (it wouldn't be Christmas without chocolate), but I was prudent and managed not to gain any weight - thank the Lord!
I've also decided to start the new year out with a good herbal cleanse to give my body a fresh start. Check it out if you'd like to join me. It's nothing too "icky" so don't panic. :)
In spite of my efforts to lose those extra pounds/kilos I've put on, I still enjoy making treats now and then, especially if I'm going to visit friends and want to bring along something really yummy!
By now you all know that Taste of Home is one of my favorite recipe magazines of all time. Well, I found another winning chocolate recipe to share with you. This is their photo and recipe idea, just to wet your appetite.
Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
Here's what you'll need:
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour (all purpose)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
And For The Topping:
- 1 1/3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
Here's how to put these bars together:
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a small bowl until it's nice and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and beat a bit more.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa. Slowly mix this into the creamed mixture. If you are going to use nuts, add them next.
- Spread your mixture into a buttered 15x10 baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350° Remove from oven, sprinkle with the mini marshmallows, and return to oven for another couple of minutes.
- Remove pan and place it on a wire cooling rack. If you'd like, you can spread the melted marshmallows more evenly over the top by using a butter knife dipped in water. Allow bars to cool completely.
- Topping: To make the topping, all you have to do is melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter over low heat in a saucepan until it's completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and immediately spread it on top of your chocolate marshmallow bars.
This recipe may remind you a bit of a Rocky Road recipe, but it has it's own unique twist. It's a great crowd-pleaser. In fact, I can only make it if I'm taking it somewhere or I'll polish it off all by myself. (Seriously - that's why I've gained so much weight!)
Before I go, one more quick note to let you know that SiteBuildIt (SBI) extended their Christmas special until midnight January 4 (that's tonight!).
So, if you've been tossing around the idea of starting a "work from home" business this year, or just need a fun way to make some extra money, don't miss out.
Honestly, what have you got to lose? They give you a full 90 days to try the package and guarantee you a 100% refund if you decide it's not something you want to do after all.
This is not some money making scam, I assure you. It takes a lot of effort, but the rewards are well worth it. I treated myself this year to a Thermomix with the proceeds from this site and was also able to help out some friends and family who were feeling the financial pinch.
As they say here in Australia, "Give it a go!" :) Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year filled with lots and lots of blessings (and chocolate!).
Happy New Year!
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate with the delicious chocolate marshmallow bars recipe from Taste of Home!
If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me, just reply to this zine and let me know. And don't forget to check out our new Chocolate Candy Mall Store. Buy some homemade goodies, or list your own for sale!
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Some of our delicious