Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's monthly chocolate candy newsletter,
Say Happy Fathers Day in your own unique and clever way this year. Make your father, grandfather, or husband feel like the king of the world with some of these great Fathers Day ideas!
Just wanted to remind you that Father's Day is this Sunday, June 20, 2010. You're running out of time for coming up with a wonderful gift idea for Fathers Day, so I thought I'd toss a few your way to lend you a hand.
News FlashBefore I forget, I want to announce some really exciting news about what's coming soon to Chocolate Candy Mall.
This summer a new feature is going to be added to the site. YOU will be able to offer your own homemade candy and sweet treats for sale on Chocolate Candy Mall. That means you will be able to take advantage of the many hundreds of people who visit CCM each day looking for a delicious treat for themselves or someone they love.
If you think you might want to try selling your candy online, take a few minutes to express your interest by taking our Candy Seller Survey.
The programmers are working on the addition and I hope to have it rolled out by the beginning of July (fingers crossed). I'm so excited about making this opportunity available to candy makers all around the world. I'll keep you posted on the launch date as this little dream of mine becomes a reality.
Now, back to our Happy Father's Day ideas!
Starbuck's Chocolate Fudge Squares with Mocha Glaze
Would you like to make your dad something extra yummy for Father's Day this year? How about trying this wonderful recipe for Starbuck's chocolate fudge squares with mocha glaze?
You don't have to go out to hunt up your nearest Starbucks store. You can make this little beauty yourself. And I'm sure no one in the world would blame your for keeping a little sliver for yourself when your done.
Here's what you need to get started:
- 1/2 cup butter, soft/room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the Glaze:
Here's the best way to through it all together:
- 1 generous cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, soft/room temperature
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed double-strength coffee, (dark roasted beans are great, but really any will do fine)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by rubbing the bottom and sides with butter.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl for the fudge squares.
- In a separate smaller bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder and then stir it into the creamed mixture.
- Gently stir in the melted chocolate, then add the milk, vanilla, and walnuts and combine until just blended. Don't over-beat.
- Pour the mixture into your buttered pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are pulling away from the sides and the top of the cake has a nice spring to it.
- Cool cake completely while preparing the glaze.
Making the glaze:
- With a whisk, mix together the powdered sugar, butter, melted chocolate, vanilla, and coffee until nice and smooth.
- Put the glaze in the refrigerator to cool.
- Pour the cooled glaze on top of the cooled cake and spread to cover completely before cutting into squares.
Now, don't you think a plate of Starbucks Chocolate Fudge Squares would be a great way to say Happy Father's Day to the man in your life? I sure do!
Fathers Day Ideas
What can you buy your dad for Father's Day? I guess that's probably an age-old question. Usually, you have to think outside the box.
On the other hand, when it come's to buying gifts for men, sometimes we overlook the obvious. Do you know that guys like a lot of the same types of gifts that girls like? With a twist, of course!
- Gourmet Gift Basket -
As girls we love to get gift baskets full of goodies. Things like chocolate, candles, lotions, and pretty bits and pieces really make us smile.
But, for Father's Day, you can take this idea and turn it on its head. What would YOUR dad like to find in HIS gift basket? Maybe a grilling set, or a bunch of golf gear, or even a selection of cool car cleaning products?
Gourmet Gift Baskets offer quite a few choices for all different tastes. Not only that, they are offering 10% off any purchase for Father's Day!
- Gift of the Month Club Membership -
I love everything about the concept of the Gift of the Month Club! Not only do you get to send something that your Dad would love, he'll get to repeat the experience throughout the year to be continually reminded of how much you love him.
My husband would prefer his monthly gift to be pizza, I'm sure. But again, you have choices! Think about what the man in your life would enjoy seeing arrive at his house every month or so. It's a great way to make him feel king of the world!
- Magazine Subscription -
I think I'm developing a theme here - monthly gifts! Really, though, you've got to admit that there's something pretty neat about you organizing a gift once and then someone else getting to receive it over and over again. :)
I love shopping at Magazines.com for fun, simple, and much appreciated gifts for Father's Day or any special occasion throughout the year.
There are fantastic magazines on almost every hobby or interest known to man. Seriously, if you can't find a good gift at Magazines.com, then you're just not trying!
They've got a selection of magazines covering food, fashion, fishing, hunting, sports, coins, stamp collecting, gardening, news, entertainment, science, golf, photography, fitness, renovation, motoring....
...you get the idea, I'm sure. You really can't go wrong.
And here's the best part - if you order before Father's Day, June 20, you can get an extra $5 off your subscription by using coupon code: DADSDAY10. No more excuses. Off you go now.
Well, those are a few of my favorite Father's Day ideas for this year. If you haven't made your decision yet, be quick about it. You only have a few days left to get down to business.
Happy Father's Day!
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate with the mouth watering Starbucks Chocolate Fudge Squares with Mocha Glaze and all the Father's Day ideas to get you on the right track. If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me, just reply to this zine and let me know. And don't forget to take the Candy Seller Survey.
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Some of our delicious