Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's monthly chocolate candy newsletter,
Want a free sample chocolate candy bar? How about a quick and easy ice cream cake recipe to make your summer extra fun? That's just a taste of what you'll find in this months issue. I hope you'll enjoy every mouthwatering bite!
Guess what? You can get a free sample chocolate candy bar from Mars, every Friday until the end of September. Now, that's something to really get excited about.
I couldn't believe when I got back to the State this year how the price of chocolate bars has doubled! It was literally depressing. :) I'm still indulging in far too much yummy American chocolate, but still, I feel robbed!
Well, Mars has come to the rescue! Make a note to run over to the Mars website on Friday morning as soon after 9 am EST as possible and sign up for your own free candy bar coupon. The first 250,000 people to sign up each Friday morning get a free bar. If you need a reminder each week to sign up for your free sample candy bar, just head over there right now and leave your email address and Mars will send you a reminder email before the big day.
Now, if any of you chocolate lovers or chocolate makers would like to send me some free sample chocolate candy to show off your stuff, you go right ahead! Send me a note and I'll be glad to give you my mailing address. :-) My waistline won't thank you, but I can guarantee
you that my taste buds will!
We've been dealing with cancer in our family over the last few years, and I know that we are not alone. Almost everyone I meet has someone
they know or love who is also in the battle.
I recently watched this video that provided me with some very interesting and informative information on
a natural cancer cure that is rarely talked about. I found it to be helpful and encouraging and wanted to pass it on to you. Take a couple of minutes to
watch the video for yourself. I hope you or someone you love is helped by it.
Make Your Own Ice Cream Cakes This Summer!
Have you ever tried to make your own ice cream cake? I'll bet you thought it was just too hard. Don't believe it!
I'm not suggesting you make the actual ice cream from scratch, although wouldn't that be just too yummy!? Instead, I'll give you two ways that you can whip up
a cool and refreshing summer dessert that will make you everyone's favorite person for a day (or a few minutes, at least).
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
My sister-in-law told me about this recipe at the beginning of summer and I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. I've really only heard rave reviews about it, so I'm sure you'll love it too.
- ice cream sandwiches (16-24 depending on the size pan you are using), any flavor you like will do
- 16 0z. Cool Whip whipped topping
- 1 jar of hot fudge sauce (or caramel or both if you like)
- Optional: Your favorite candy bar, cookies, nuts, etc., crushed or chopped)
How easy is that?
- Line your pan with one layer of ice cream sandwiches. You may have to cut one or two in half to get them to fit properly.
- Warm your jar of sauce slightly in a microwave or by placing it in a small pot of simmering water for a few minutes. Pour and spread half the amount over the first layer of ice cream sandwiches. Sprinkle with your cookie or candy crumble if desired.
- Spread half the cool whip over the top.
- Repeat with a second layer of everything. Garnish the top with some sprinkles, shaved chocolate, or wait and decorate it with icing gel just before serving.
- Freeze uncovered for an hour or so, then cover and freeze until ready to use - at least another hour.
Homemade Ice Cream Cake Recipe
I'll give you the recipe for a Heath Bar Ice Cream Cake since Heath bars are me and my dad's favorite, but you can make it with almost any of your favorite candy bars.
Mix and match your ingredients to get the perfect combo to suit your tastes. This is a teensy bit more work than the ice cream sandwich cake, but not much. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups of crushed cookies (macaroons, vanilla wafers, sandwich cookies, whatever you like)
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 cups of chocolate ice cream
- 3 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons of Kahlua (optional)
- 5 frozen Heath bars (or your own favorite), chopped or crushed
- Freeze your candy bars for easier chopping or crushing.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer to allow it to become slightly softened.
- Place cookies and candy bars in separate ziploc bags. Cover the bag with a towel and whack the daylights out of them with a kitchen mallet to crush (I've even used a hammer). :)
- This ice cream cake recipe works best in a round spring form pan, but you can make do with what you have. Line the pan with half of the crushed cookies, pressing it lightly to form the bottom crust.
- Spread the chocolate ice cream over the base.
- Sprinkle most of the crushed candy bars over the chocolate layer and drizzle most of the chocolate syrup and the Kahlua on top of that. Save a little of each for the final garnish.
- Use the rest of the crushed cookies to form the center layer and then top with the vanilla ice cream, making it as smooth as possible on top. If desired, you can even use some Cool Whip (not listed above) to give an extra nice finish and another dimension of flavor.
- Sprinkle the remaining candy, syrup, and Kahlua on top and freeze. You need to freeze the cake for at least 8 hours to be sure it is good and firm for serving, but you can make this well in advance if you'd like.
- When you are ready to serve your ice cream cake recipe to the masses, run a butter knife around the outside and remove the ice cream cake from the spring form pan. Serve and enjoy the compliments!
Bonus Tip: Don't limit yourself to chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Be adventurous and create your own signature ice cream cake.
Monthly Coupons and Special Offers:
Old Time Candy Company - save 5% on every order
July - use code "01521" without the quotes.
August - use code "09958" without the quotes.
Sept. - use code "04510" without the quotes.
- 3 for 2 on Thorntons Sweet Shop
Standard delivery £3.95. International delivery is available.
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate with the free sample chocolate candy news, the ice cream sandwich cake and the ice cream cake recipes. If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me, just reply to this zine and let me know.
- Angie :)
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Some of our delicious