Have I got an easy Christmas candy recipe for you! :)
It's my favorite time of year again, Christmas! I've always loved the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas. Of course, I also love the "tastes" of Christmas, too! :)
Before the hustle and bustle of the season takes over my life, I wanted to share some Christmas candy ideas with you that I'm making myself and thought you might enjoy as well.
Let's start with this easy Christmas candy recipe that's a new twist on an old favorite - Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls!
As a gal from Ohio, Buckeye candy is an old family favorite. This year I decided to make that old treat with the added yum of crushed pretzels inside.
Just to be clear, I didn't invent this twist myself. In fact, I've seen these little balls of deliciousness in various places across the web and sometimes they have the humorous name of "Chubby Hubbies."
I can certainly see why they picked up that nickname because after making a batch this week, I couldn't keep my own hubby out of them. However, I have to give credit where credit is due. When there was only ONE left this afternoon, he insisted I enjoy the last one. :) He's a keeper!
When I say this is an easy candy recipe for Christmas, I'm not kidding you. Just listen to this...
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter, soft
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pretzels, roughly crushed
- 1 cup or 6 ounces chocolate chips, melts, or chopped bars
- Start by stirring together the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, and pretzels.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a wax paper lined tray to chill.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave (stirring every 20 seconds) or over a double boiler.
- Dip chilled peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate and return to the tray to set.
Optional Extras: I like to sprinkle the top of my chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel balls with sea salt, but crushed nuts are a nice alternative, too.
This recipe made about 18 balls, and it can easily be doubled if you like.
More Christmas Candy IdeasMore Recipes...
Recipes and Gifts
Maybe you don't like peanut butter, or perhaps you just want more Christmas recipe ideas. Never fear! We've got loads more Christmas Candy recipes on the site - some of mine and some that other visitors have shared. Pop on over and take a look.
Don't forget to take a few moments to ADD YOUR OWN RECIPES and show off your Christmas treats. I look forward to seeing and trying them myself!
These are some of my absolute favorites when it comes to good ideas for Christmas gifts. If you're still struggling to come up with just the right gift, maybe one of my top three picks will do the trick for you:
- zChocolat - If you're looking for something classy and memorable, check out these amazing French chocolates. They come in the most beautiful wooden box and mine was personalized with my name on a brass plate. Beautiful!
- Magazines - Choosing a magazine subscription for a friend or relative is a nice way of giving a gift that lasts all year. It's also so adaptable to all tastes and hobbies. A cute way to present the gift is to print out a photo of the magazine cover you choose from the website and poke it into the top of one of those mini Christmas stockings.
- SBI Home Business Start Up - Probably one of the absolute best Christmas gifts I've received was my first SBI package 6 years ago. My dear husband treated me to this online business building package and with it I have created Chocolate Candy Mall!
This website business has been a blessing both financially and with the pleasure it has given me in sharing my love of chocolate with folks like you.
In these troublesome financial times, SO MANY people can benefit from using their free time to create an additional income from home. You can get them started by gifting them with a full one-year business building package. It could very well end up being the best gift they've ever received too.
(By the way, SBI is currently running a buy-one-get-one-free special so you could start your own home business while you're at it!)
Although many of you I've never met in person, I still think of you as my friends. Please let me wish you the most sincere good wishes for the Christmas season, full of love and laughter, and a new year full of God's richest blessings!
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate. If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me, just reply to this zine and let me know. And don't forget to check out our new Chocolate Candy Mall Store. Buy some homemade goodies, or list your own for sale!