Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's monthly newsletter,
Charmingly Chocolate. How about a little Father's Day Fun? The beginning of summer may remind you of special times you've shared with your dad; it does for me. Why not give your dad a Happy Father's Day with something special in return?
If you have a friend who you think may enjoy "Charmingly Chocolate," do me a favor and forward this issue to them.
If someone DID pass this on to you and you like what you see, please subscribe to future issues by
visiting Charmingly Chocolate and signing up. Thanks!
June 1, 2008 - Issue #13
Here comes summer! It raced up on me so quickly I could hardly believe it.
This month I want to pass along a delicious recipe for Oreo Truffles. You're going to love it!
I also want to show you another adorable cake that my sister made for one of her boys. It's really cute. Maybe you'd like to make one similar for one of your treasures.
Finally, I'll leave you with some great gift ideas for Father's Day. It's just two weeks away!
Chocolate Oreo Truffles
This recipe only has three ingredients. That makes it so simple that even the kids can make it for Dad.
- 1 bag Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, melted
Variation: You can also used mint flavored Oreos if you want a different twist.
- Line a baking tray with waxed paper or just use foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Finely crush all but 6 Oreo cookies. You can use a blender or food processor. I've even put the cookies in a Ziploc bag and taken a hammer to it. :-)
- Combine the cream cheese with the crushed cookies and blend until the mixture has the consistency of dough.
- Chill mixture in the fridge for about an hour to firm.
- Scoop out the chilled candy mixture with a teaspoon and roll between hands to form round 1 inch balls. Place them on the baking sheet to chill again.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave. If you use the microwave, be careful not to over heat. Stir every 30 seconds.
- Coarsely chop the 6 cookies you set aside to make cookie chunks for a decorative topping.
- Dip the chilled candy balls in the melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet. Before the chocolate sets, top with a chunk of cookie.
- Refrigerate the truffles for an hour to be sure they set.
Now, doesn't that sound simple and delicious?
Another Birthday Cake Surprise!
I've told you about my sister, Heather, and her 8 kids. It always seems like it's somebody's birthday.
She comes up with great cake ideas. She's a lot like me in that she gets ideas from others and adapts them to suit her situation.
My nephew Ben has really gotten into baseball this year, so, of course, he got a baseball themed birthday cake.
Heather made this cake and cupcake combo and decorated it fairly simply. I think it looks just right. You can tell Ben is pretty pleased with it, too.
It doesn't always take a lot of time to make your kids feel special, but it's always worth it. I hope this gives you a little inspiration of your own.
Let's Not Forget Dear Old Dad
Father's Day is just around the corner, 2 weeks from today to be exact (June 15). Have you made a plan to spoil your dad yet?
All dad's are different, but everyone enjoys being treated to a special gift from their kids, no matter what the age.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started...
I hope these ideas help you think of something great for your Father this year. There are plenty more delicious ideas at Chocolate Candy Mall if you're still stumped. You might just want to make him a delicious chocolate gift.
- Old Time Candy Company - Surprise your dad with some nostalgic candy from when he was a kid. Use coupon code: 04598 and save an extra 5%.
- Gourmet Gift Baskets - Pamper your dad with a gift basket full of his favorite goodies. It's not just us girls that enjoy a gift basket surprise!
- Boca Java Coffee - Treat dad to some gourmet coffee.
- Go all out and treat your father to the classiest chocolate around.
- Omaha Steaks - Will your dad be thrilled to get a gourmet meat package from Omaha steak? (I've sent this to my dad before and received great reviews).
- Magazines.com - A nice way to remember your dad all year round with some of his favorite magazines. Save an extra $5 off their discount prices with coupon code: summermags.
- Things Remembered - For those who want a personalized gift to make this Father's Day unforgettable.
If YOU are a "dad" let me be one of the first to tell you "Happy Father's Day" this year.
Well, that's about it for this month. Don't forget, you can always pop on over to Chocolate Candy Mall for great recipes and other gift ideas if you want to whip up a batch of fudge or some other chocolate candy indulgence for your family or loved one. We are always adding new ideas every week or so. See you there!
With the economy being the way it is, I always want to take a moment to pass on this bit of information to any of you who have been thinking about the whole idea of working at home this year to make a little extra cash. I'm more amazed than anyone that I have been able to build
Chocolate Candy Mall. It's been a challenge and a thrill to take it on and succeed.
The company I used to teach me the ropes about building an online business is Sitesell. Their tools and step by step training are really remarkable. But, I won't go on and on about it. For those with an interest in giving the concept of building an online business a chance, you won't do better than SBI.
Also, if any of you are involved with or have an interest in network marketing, I'd like to suggest two resources that, I believe, would be a tremendous help to you. The first is some tips on how to turn network marketing into internetwork marketing. The second is an inspiring free book called The Seven Great Lies of Network Marketing. I'd be happy to discuss either of them with you if you like. Feel free to send me a note. I'll be glad to help out any way I can.
Once again, to ALL the dads...
Happy Father's Day! I hope you all have a bit of Father's Day fun this year.
Blessings on you...
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate. If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me,
just reply to this zine and let me know. I'd love to hear from you.
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.