Welcome to Chocolate Candy Mall's monthly newsletter,
Charmingly Chocolate. Happy Spring! The freshness of a new season is reason enough to celebrate with a little creativity in the kitchen or a special gift of love.
If you have a friend who you think may enjoy "Charmingly Chocolate," do me a favor and forward this issue to them.
If someone DID pass this on to you and you like what you see, please subscribe to future issues by
visiting Charmingly Chocolate and signing up. Thanks!
April 1, 2008 - Issue #11
I'm including a few cute and clever ideas for you in this issue as well as some interesting gift ideas. Don't forget Mother's Day isn't too far off and you don't want to be caught by surprise!
Chocolate Candy Spiders
Chocolate candy spiders are a quick and easy way to create a little fun and excitement for your kids or guests. The children will love designing their own creepy crawlies with a little help from you.
Now, doesn't that sound like a whole lot of fun?
- Using a dark marker, draw a small simple spider design on a piece of paper.
- Cover the drawing with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate. You can even melt it in the microwave if you stir it every 30 seconds and be sure not to overheat it.
- Place melted chocolate in a small plastic sandwich bag and poke a hole in the corner with a toothpick.
- Trace over the spider drawing by squeezing the bag of melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set. You can place it in the refrigerator if you are in a hurry.
- Use the chocolate candy spiders on their own as a "creepy" treat or to jazz up some ice cream for a special spring night.
Planning A Wedding Anyone?
It's hard to believe I'm celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary this year! I remember planning my wedding as if it was just last year.
It is so exciting and thrilling to choose invitations, dresses, colors, venues, themes, menus, decorations, and wedding favors. If you are having a June wedding, you are probably already trying to get everything sorted before the last minute rush. I hope I can help you in at least one area.
If you are looking for wedding favors for a wedding in your family this year, there are some lovely selections at MyWeddingFavors.com.
They have a huge selection of gorgeous items to choose from. Yes, they even have chocolate favors! It's a great idea to browse their site even just to get your own creative juices flowing.
Of course, if you are wanting to make your own, there are always plenty of chocolate candy for weddings ideas at Chocolate Candy Mall.
By the way, if you are the lucky bride or groom, Congratulations!
Don't Forget Mother's Day!
Before I go, I wanted to remind you that Mother's Day is just around the corner. Have you decided on something special for your mom yet?
Most moms don't spoil themselves often enough. That's our job! Pick up a gorgeous chocolate gift for your mother, wife, or grandmother this year at Lake Champlain Chocolates.
If you'd rather do something a bit "different" this year, here are a couple of other great gift ideas:
- Cafe Belmondo - If your mom is a coffee lover, a wonderful package from Cafe Belmondo will make her feel like a queen!
- Magazines.com - Magazines are such clever gifts because your gift will come over and over throughout the year. There are different types of magazines for almost every person's tastes, so you are sure to find something that will please.
Between now and April 15, you can save $5 on your magazine subscriptions with coupon code: springmags. Of course, there are no shipping charges either. Ordering now will ensure that your gift is delivered in time for Mother's Day.
- Fragrance Net - Perfumes are available at discount prices at Fragrance Net. Spoil your lovely lady with her favorite scent.
- Things Remembered - They special in personalized engraved gifts that are both elegant and classy.
I hope these gift ideas will make your life a little simpler as you try to come up with just the right present for your mom this year. I know I've got some wonderful ideas to pamper my beloved mother!
Well, that's about it for this month. Don't forget, you can always pop on over to Chocolate Candy Mall for great recipes and other gift ideas if you want to whip up a batch of fudge or some other chocolate candy indulgence for your family or loved one. We are always adding new ideas every week or so. See you there!
I did want to pass on this bit of information on to any of you who have been thinking about the whole idea of working at home this year. I'm more amazed than anyone that I have been able to build
Chocolate Candy Mall. It's been a challenge and a thrill to take it on and succeed.
The company I used to teach me the ropes about building an online business is Sitesell. Their tools and step by step training are really remarkable. But, I won't go on and on about it. For those with an interest in giving the concept of building an online business a chance, you won't do better than SBI.
Also, if any of you are involved with or have an interest in network marketing, I'd like to suggest two resources that, I believe, would be a tremendous help to you. The first is some tips on how to turn network marketing into internetwork marketing. The second is an inspiring free book called The Seven Great Lies of Network Marketing. I'd be happy to discuss either of them with you if you like. Feel free to send me a note. I'll be glad to help out any way I can.
Once again, to ALL of you...
Happy Spring! Enjoy the start of a fresh new season when the birth and rebirth of animals and plants remind us of new beginnings. Blessings on you...
I hope you enjoyed this issue of Charmingly Chocolate. If you have any feedback or comments you'd like to share with me,
just reply to this zine and let me know. I'd love to hear from you.
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.