5-Minute Carob Cake
by Baking With Carob
5 Minute Mug Cake Recipe
This 5 Minute Carob Cake recipe is one that I tweaked from the above 5 Minute Chocolate Cake recipe by Sarah James.
I thought other carob lovers (or people who can't have chocolate) might enjoy this easy microwave recipe for carob cake for one!
Inside your favorite coffee mug add:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup xylitol (or sugar)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. carob powder
- 2 Tbsp. whisked egg
- 3 Tbsp. milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 3 Tbsp. nuts or carob chips
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, xylitol, salt, and carob powder together in large coffee mug; add egg and combine until paste forms. Stir in milk and oil, then nuts and vanilla.
2. Microwave on medium for 3 minutes, until cake starts to crown over top of mug.
3. Remove, top with fresh/frozen sugar-free berries on top, and enjoy.
Dear Baking With Carob,
Thanks so much for sharing this clever carob cake recipe with us. I love the whole concept of baking a cake in the microwave in a mug!
I'd never seen the concept before, and I think it is absolutely delightful and would make a perfect "quick" solution when you have a friend drop in for afternoon tea.
Of course, I'm more of a chocolate lover (and don't have any carob on hand), but I just had to try it for myself asap!
Using a variation of the 5 minute carob cake recipe you've shared I immediately came up with my own version and it turned out great.
I've decided I absolutely had to add a mug cake section
and encourage everyone to give it a try and add their own versions.
If you come up with any more yummy variations, please DO add them for the rest of us to try.